Congratulations on your engagement!
We look forward to sharing our pre-marriage process with you and your fiancé as you prepare for this Holy Sacrament.
For more information, please contact Fr. Mark Ressler at 319-393-3778.
At least one of the parties must be a registered member of the parish. The couple must contact Fr. Mark Ressler at least six months in advance.
- Fr. Mark meets with the couple regarding their freedom to marry and then sets the wedding date with them.
- Next the couple meets with Fr. Mark to take the F.O.C.C.U.S. (Facilitating Open Couple Communication Understanding and Study) inventory. This is followed by two additional sessions to review the results of the inventory.
- The engaged couple is matched with a trained sponsor couple from St. Elizabeth Ann Seton parish. The two couples meet approximately five times and use resources provided by the parish.
- Each couple attends one of the two Pre-Marriage Workshops that are offered at both St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and St. Pius X parishes.
- Fr. Mark meets with the engaged couple at least a month prior to the wedding to do the final liturgy planning.