Religious Education Students: All students will have completed two courses of High School Religious Education. RE students can
begin to accumulate high school courses beginning the summer before their freshman year.
Catholic School Students: All students will have completed three semesters of high school religion and be in the process of their fourth semester in order to begin preparation.
This year a Confirmation Class will begin immediate preparation in December. A student may begin preparation only as early as December their sophomore year and only if all prerequisites are met. Prior to Confirmation preparation they should have been involved in a continuing formation program.
Students are also asked to complete 15 hours of service through parish, community and school for Confirmation.
The schedule will look somewhat like the following:
- September – Students and Parents are invited to an informational meeting regarding the upcoming year's program. (Sept.11)
- December- Stundents participate in a Day Retreat (Dec. 7)
- December - Attend at least one night of the Parish Renewal for parents and students (Dec. 8-10)
- February – Four catechetical sessions held on Sunday mornings for parents and candidates (Feb. 2,9,16,23)
- April – Participate in an interview with Fr. Mark or Sarah Casey
- April – Sponsor & Candidate Retreat (Apr. 13)
- May – Celebration of Confirmation (May 18 @ 11am)